Sunday, September 29, 2013

Journal 7

09/24/13       10:00am-4:00pm      42 hours
Today was a fun day.

First thing I looked at were some letters by Havelock Ellis, the sex researcher. Sadly, they were not that interesting. But it was cool that we have something by him.

Second, I found a handwritten notebook kind of document in neat handwriting. The folder gave the creator as L.N. Fowler. I was supposedly holding a character description derived from phrenology done by Fowler.

I couldn’t help but tell M about this. She gleefully looked at the book but went, “How do you know that Fowler did this?”

“Ah, I’m not quite sure on that front then,” I said, realizing the problem. “The folder it was originally kept in said it was done by Fowler, but it might have been a student of his or something.”

“Well, I think we have a Fowler text annotated by him…”

M went to find it so we could compare the two handwritings. Meanwhile, I tried Googling Fowler’s handwriting, with no success. She came back with the book, but while it was a Fowler text from his phrenology course, it was not written in by Fowler, but by a student. We decided to trust the folder information for now. But it’s still really cool.

Also managed to finally finish box 1 and move into box 2. I’m up to processing about 25 items a day. I’m pleased. 

No comments:

Post a Comment